Monday, February 27, 2012

Crazy Sexy Diet: 21- Day Adventure Cleanse Results

Hooray! I lost four pounds and 2.5 inches all around on this cleanse! 

I wouldn't have believed it going in, mostly because I keep thinking that I do everything pretty much great already. Sure, a few glasses of wine every night. And who doesn't love their coffee? But really, I had a lot to learn. No wine = no cravings for chocolate and sweets. There's a connection. No gluten, well now that was just bullshit. I know I'm not allergic. I will admit that cutting it out meant I had to find more creative ideas for bread. Most of the gluten-free bread I found contained eggs! WTF! Upside is I discovered that I don't hate wraps, after all.

Anyway, here're my stats:

Weight: 131.2 to 127.2 = 4 pounds down
Chest: 32 to 31 = 1" down (oh, well. you can't have everything)
Waist: 28.5 to 26 = 2.5" down 
Butt: 38.5 to 36 = 2.5" down
Rt Bicep: 10 (don't recall how I measured this. Still 10, or 10.5 if I flex!)
Rt Forearm: 8 (same). Wasn't expecting a big change here. Still hung like a noodle.
Rt Thigh at widest part: 22 to 20 = 2" down

Rt calf: 13.75 to 13.25 (wow! I actually lost half an inch in my calf! who knew?)

A few words of advice from my girl Marie Forleo moving forward. Know your NNTs (non-negotiable time) which are just that; you just do them. Her's are daily meditation, green drink and exercise. I'm right there with ya sista! Also, she says it takes 66 days (not 21!) to create a new habit. 


I'm going to keep the bones of my "cleanse" together till it becomes second nature. Meditation is still a chore. I don't feel the immediate pay off as I might with yoga or green drink. Also, I'm not a big cushion-sitting type person. I may mix it up with 20 minutes of Zohar (Kabbalah) scanning when I get back to NYC. That did help me in the past. I love the guided meditations I've been doing with Kathy Freston, but they don't feel unique enough to do them daily. I just downloaded another Kathy Freston one on Abundance, but it's essentially the same one I've been doing for my daily meditation. And I'm out 10 bucks.

Saw this sorbet on The Doctors today. Looks genius! I've got to try it out:

http://www.thedoctorstv.com/main/show_page/D4107


Rocco DiSpirito’s Instant Strawberry Soft Serve 

Make a sweet, frozen treat at home with celebrity chef Rocco DiSpirito’s five-minute strawberry soft serve recipe. Makes: Four 4 oz desserts 

Per serving: 55 calories, .2 g fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 3 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 0 g protein. 

Prep time: 2 minutes, processing time: 1 minute

Ingredients:
● 2 tsp stevia (6 packets Stevia In The Raw) 
● 1/2 tsp xanthan gum 
● 1 tbsp water 
● 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice 
● 2 tbsp raw agave nectar 
● 2 cups frozen, no-sugar-added strawberries 

Directions:
1. Mix the stevia and xanthan together in a small mixing bowl and set aside.  
2. Add water, lemon juice and agave in a blender and turn blender on and process on low. 
Add the stevia/xanthan mixture to the blender and process on low until the mixture well 
combined, about 10 seconds.
3. Turn off blender, add the strawberries then turn the blender on high while pushing the 
strawberries down into the blade until smooth but still frozen, about 5 to 10 seconds. 
4. Spoon out into paper cups or chilled bowls and serve immediately. If covered tightly, it may be stored in the freezer for two days. If it is too hard after holding, simply put in the microwave on high for 10 seconds to loosen just enough to scoop.

Tips:
1. Put the canister of the blender in the freezer before you make this recipe to help combat the heat generated during blending. This will help keep your ice nice and frozen.  
2. If you desire a rich ice cream-like product then add 1 tbsp of fat free milk powder for an 
additional 30 calories and 3 grams of protein. 

Source: Rocco DiSpirito

No comments:

Post a Comment