Monday, January 16, 2012

The Storm before the Calm (Let the Taper Begin).

Last week was crazy, busy. And great.

Sunday - run 20 miles. My last really long run before tapering.

Monday - fly to NYC. Collect on Groupon for partial highlights and cut at Isaac's on UES ($59!)

Tuesday - Collect on HomeRun deal for dental checkup, cleaning, and X-rays ($40). Mom and Pop practice. They only polished teeth. I need to find somewhere else to get proper cleaning. Felt like such a waste! They only took 2 vs. 4 X-rays as promised, but I didn't care since I don't plan to go back. Off next to DMV to renew driver's license. Then mani/pedi. Blow off 5 mile run.

Wednesday - be guest on The Nate Berkus Show. Run 6 miles in Central Park.

The show is the first step toward my 2012 resolution to Live My Signature Style. Nate gave me good advice for living in a studio apartment (Hint: edit edit edit! There's a lot you don't need). He also surprised me with a dresser, lamps and mirror!

Here's me waiting in a private green room with my name on the door. They even touched up my hair and makeup. I felt like a real celeb.It's supposed to air in May. I'm the very last segment. I wrote the show two years ago. They just called me out of the blue ... if you believe in random luck. I think it's all part of a greater design, though. I need to get a bigger gratitude journal.


David Stark, a designer, was also a guest on the show. He gave us all his book (beautiful hardcover, $40 value). Here're some of the behind-the-scenes shots he posted on his twitter feed:





Thursday - Meet up with Gretchen for massage (collecting on two Groupons, my treat) and lunch at Gobo, vegan restaurant down the street (Gretchen's treat). Had yummy appetizers and delightful out-of-this-world mushroom truffle sandwich. Blow off 5 mile run to hang more with Gretchen.

Friday - Official running "rest" day. I take it literally. Catch up on Tivo and clean off old shows that I missed since I've been away past six months. Do laundry and straighten apartment so it's clean for when David gets back. He's covering for me this week in Myrtle Beach to make sure his son Tyler is managing OK.

Saturday - Blow off 4 mile run. Invent new breakfast to eat rest of peppers and tomatoes so they don't go to waste. Pour the blueberries into a baggie and see if I can get them on carryon luggage. I can! Meet up with Sharon to cash my last Groupon for brunch at CasaVille. We drink more than our allotted two drinks per person ;) Hugs and I'm off to catch 6:30P flight home.

Sunday - Run 12 miles on treadmill, perfectly timed to Warrior. Movie is cliche with feel-good-cheeseball plot. I throw some punches during key scenes and hope no one comes in and sees me.

And now, I taper. I ordered a bunch of vegan cookbooks which should be ready to pick up at Condo World today. Can't wait to play with new creations! 

No comments:

Post a Comment