Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Rest before the Big Run

I ran 3 miles with fairly new, very noticeable pain in my left calf and a tinge of hip area pain on both sides, where I've only been feeling it on the right for the past few weeks. Internet says groin pain might be strained adductors -- the muscles in the inner thigh. This can happen when they get over stretched and you turn or stop and start suddenly, but that's not the place. 

Looking at the diagram, it's more like my lliacus muscle. A muscle or soft tissue somewhere behind my hip.


I was scheduled to run 4 miles today, but since I was sort of hobbling around after that 3 mile run, I decided it'd be smarter to rest. I think I'll run 2 miles on Friday and then nothing till the marathon on Sunday. I feel trained. Not like I'm trained to run fast or anything. Just trained to have fun, and since it'll be my birthday, that's really the whole point. 

I adapted this really great recipe for mushroom, asparagus fettuccine for my carb loading week. I used angel hair spelt noodles. They're really good! Only takes 3-4 min to cook. For cream sauce, I replaced 1/4 c half and half with almond milk. It's lighter. Nice. The leeks and vegetable flavors aren't all covered up. 


I probably shouldn't be drinking 3+ glasses of wine with my meals because it causes dehydration and makes your body's pH balance more acidic. Since I have an all-or-nothing personality, I'm ignoring that little detail for the time being.

Knowing me, when I finish reading Kris Carr's Crazy Sexy Diet and my Vitamix arrives (should be soon, my bday prezzie from David and my parents!), I'll be green juicing and no longer inclined to throw back so much of my nighttime grape. Once I finish Brendan Brazier's Thrive Foods book, well....let's just say it's getting harder and harder to justify my old "healthy" lifestyle. More on that in the next post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment