Sunday, January 1, 2012

ING Miami Marathon


I've been training for the ING Miami Marathon, not to PR (my New Year's goal), but to get back into running habit. I'm marathon rusty. My last race was NYC 2009.


Since the Miami marathon takes place on my 44th birthday, I figured I could make some related bday requests. For one, I'd like to stay in a nice hotel. Let's say, for the sake of argument, we stay at The Four Seasons. Uh-hem, David -- It's located at 1435 Brickell Ave Miami FL 33131


Now, if (since) we'll be staying there, perhaps we can make reservations at this Vegan restaurant, which is about 2 miles away: http://www.lifefoodgourmet.com/


I read this review of Life Food Gourmet on Crazy, Sexy Life: 
Aside from the honey, it’s raw vegan rapture, from the “wild milk” (Brazil nut-based) and goji shakes to the pumpkin nut-meat plus nut-cheese burrito, veggie-flaxseed pizza and lasagna layered with alt-Alfredo macadamia pine nut sauce, spinach and Irish moss-erella. Seeking chlorella, spirulina and blue green algae? Craving mamey or carob? Got it. In the throes of ecstasy, you might miss the mission statement, which outlines goals of cellular nourishment and rejuvenation, tapping self-healing powers and “spreading a sense of well-being, sanity and happiness.”


I looked online and don't see lasagna on the menu, but I'm hoping. Alternatively, I'd be happy with a vegan pizza. 


Let's go! 

No comments:

Post a Comment