Thursday, January 12, 2012

Ingredient substitutes from PCRM

Here're some ingredient substitute ideas from the Physicians Committee of Responsible Medicine:

Note: For the flaxseed sub, I use 1 tbsp ground flaxseed meal + 3 tbsp water. Not sure you need all the rest. Depends what you're making, I guess. 




As for dairy swap outs, if you haven't tried nutritional yeast, you gotta try it. You can find it at health food stores, and probably Whole Foods. It's nutty, cheesy tasting and loaded with B vitamins. If you're really hankering for "cheese," I just discovered Daiya. It's the bomb. It actually melts!


Last I checked, I didn't like tempeh or seitan. I should probably give it another try sometime. Maybe at a vegan restaurant this afternoon if I can talk my friend Gretchen into going.



No comments:

Post a Comment