Thursday, January 5, 2012

Italian Eggplant Sandwiches

Italian Eggplant Sandwiches: 1 eggplant 1/2 cup soy milk Egg Replacer equivalent to 1 egg Salt to taste 1/2 cup flour 1 cup Italian-style bread crumbs 4 sub…

I tried this recipe last night. I didn't have subs so I improvised with a wrap. I'm traveling next week and need to clear out the fridge so I'm trying to use up the rest of my Daiya cheese (oh, punish me more!). I also have a big bag of kale that no one is planning to touch so I sauteed it for 12 mins in a cup of water w/bouillon cube like it said on the bag and made an impromptu and healthy 'sub' for my sub.


For egg replacer I used 1 tbsp ground flaxseed plus 3 tbsp water. Mix that and wait 2 mins and you have 'egg white'.

Give it a roll and here's the finished dish:


So good!

No comments:

Post a Comment