Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Moroccan Chickpea Stew - Healthy Vegan Recipes On Video

I drank too much. We uncorked our New Year's Eve champagne last night (Mon) since I fell asleep Sat before midnight. I made really nice chocolate covered strawberries to go with it. They're not local (from Florida), but I couldn't resist their beautiful red color and price -- only $2 for a large container.


I can't get over how easy it was to make this delicious treat: melt a quarter bar of 70% cocoa (dark choc) and roll the strawberries in it one at a time. I popped them in the fridge and they set in no time. But now I'm hung over. I swear I didn't drink that much. But obviously I did. My heart is going a little fast and my head is heavy. I still need to run 5 miles. Blah.

Moroccan Chickpea Stew - Healthy Vegan Recipes On Video

Anyway, the weather changed and it's super chilly here in North Myrtle Beach (39 degrees, 22 tonight), so this stew should give me a little comfort. I just so happen to have all the ingredients, so I take it as a sign that this recipe showed up in my inbox today.

Here we have it. I made that stew. It was easy and a nice change of pace. I spooned mine over quinoa I had cooked up last night and felt filled up by just this one bowl. Shout out for the recipe goes to Heather Nauta (see video in link above).

It's now 7PM and I haven't done my run. I hate being out of integrity with my training, but I'm going to call this one complete. I have a 20-miler coming up this weekend and I want to be in good form for it. Oh well. The calendar only turns once on a new year. No harm no foul.

No comments:

Post a Comment