Saturday, January 21, 2012

I'm a Happy Cow

My marathon training is sucking right now. I was supposed to run 3 today (didn't) and 8 tomorrow (not sure yet) but my left calf and right hip have a pinch of pain. I don't want to injure myself before the race, but I'm also suffering from a tinge of guilt (albeit small) that I'm not keeping up with my training.

David is in town tonight from NYC, so I have a car and wanted to try something vegan-special. I checked happycow.com for vegan-area restaurants and found this awesome Ethiopian place called Redi-et Ethiopian on Main Street, less than 3 miles away. I ordered the number 12 vegetarian option of red lentils (hot) w/ side of collard greens and salad. 

When I got to the address, it was a highway. God dang it! I input my own address on happycow.com as Myrtle Beach, when actually I'm in North Myrtle Beach. Lots of eponymous (same-named) streets around these parts. 

Even so, I was determined. I drove the extra 30 mins to pick up this dish. David said it looked like a tasty dish towel and took Tyler out for dinner. Admittedly, it looked better in the box. I had to rough-house it a bit onto a plate and into the microwave, so yeah, it's not pretty. Still, I'm enjoying it perfectly fine while catching up on The Daily Show by myself. I'm feeling in the Zone. 

And so, I decided to expand my consciousness tonight. I called the restaurant back and thanked them for a great meal. (Who does that?!) The woman who answered was quite pleased. Is she the owner? Did she perhaps also prepare this dish? This is great feedback to receive when you care and so easy to give when you appreciate. A yummy life lesson, both learned and practiced today.


No comments:

Post a Comment