Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Peaceful Warrior

I'm still not drinking and haven't wanted (or thankfully needed!) it at all this week. The cleanse really helped me break that habit. I just have to be careful not to pick it up again. Weekends, Julia. Or socially during the week, but try not to go out with husband because he's a faucet.

I checked out Pilates/Yoga fusion class today. It's cool that my friend/teacher is always snapping pictures of us and posting them on her site. My butt looks really weird in a few of them so I'm not going to upload here, but I like this one. I'm on the green mat closest to camera. Look at the teacher in front of room! Bend that Peaceful Warrior! More yoga and healthy eating tomorrow.

My longer-term plan is to find a half marathon to train for/PR in within next 3-4 months and then train for fall marathon (New York or Chicago probably; maybe Toronto or West Haven, CT). Hip still ailing. Not sure there's much I can do about it other than take it slow: keep up with the yoga. Add some swimming and weight training. Probably a good idea to mix it up, anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment